TEACHING ASSISTANT, LEVEL 1
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Advert Start Date: 08/06/2021
Advert End Date: 21/06/2021 22:59
Salary: £18,198 per annum, pro rata. (Actual: £15,234 per annum).
Hours per week: 37 hours per week.
Job Category: Schools - Support
Vacancy ID: 208657
Employment Location: St Bede's Catholic Primary School, Ridge Terrace, Bedlington, Northumberland NE22 6EQ.
Closing date: 21 June 2021
St Bede's (Bedlington) Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not
be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Bede's Catholic Primary School
37 hours per week.
Required for September 2021.
*This post attracts the Newcastle Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Newcastle
Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £9.50 an hour.*
The Local Governing governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant who will make
a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting the Catholic ethos.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who:
• can uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school
• can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and practice in
order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
• is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support primary curriculum delivery
• is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
• can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
• is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
We are really looking to appoint someone who is passionate about primary education and would like to work in a vibrant
and forward-thinking school setting. The post-holder will work alongside a passionate team to support the planning,
observation and extension of children's learning.
We can offer:
• lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of areas
• access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development throughout the apprenticeship programme
• being a part of Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust
Entry requirements include:
• GCSE or other level 2 qualification in English and mathematics
Application packs can be downloaded from our school website.
Application forms and all relevant documentation can be downloaded from our school website under vacancies:
The Governing Committee, Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed
to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will
be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other
Application forms can be emailed to the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or handed into the school for
the attention of Mrs. Therese Worrall, Headteacher. Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the
school office. The position will be offered subject to suitable references and checks.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21 June and interviews to be arranged thereafter.
- Teaching assistant application form.docx
- Consent_to_Obtain_References_Form (1).docx
- Job description Teaching Assistant - General Level 1 (Band 2).docx